ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Albuquerque firefighters quickly put out flames they say started in a home’s attic and they have a warning for homeowners.
The fire sparked Saturday afternoon on Aloysia northwest near Central.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the attic.
The Battalion Chief says with the hot weather we are having air conditioning units are working overtime.
“When you do flip on your air conditioners, make sure that they are serviced before the summer starts and they are serviced by a certified plumber or electrician,” said AFD Battalion Chief Chuck Zamora.
AFD says no one was hurt in Saturday’s fire but the family has been displaced for the night.