ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Many families were left with nothing after an apartment complex caught fire last week in Albuquerque.
The firefighter group Random Acts of Kindness treated the Jones family to a shopping spree. They are one of eight families who lost everything when the Mountain Run Apartment Complex burned last Friday.
Friday’s shopping spree was a big help for the Jones family, but one thing has not been replaced. Dessiah Jones has not replaced his prostetic leg, another expense that the family can not afford.
“Right now their son is walking around with an old leg that doesnt fit very well so he’s having to limb so our hope is that the media and the people can go to the families website their funraising page and donate to get this family a new leg,” Steve Vaughan, co-founder of Random Acts of Kindness, said.
Walmart also gave the family an additional $100 for the shopping spree.
The family said the shopping spree was not only a huge help but also a blessing from above.