Clinic evacuated, closed due to smoke

Wildfire smoke

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Presbyterian Medical Group officials say say smoke has closed the clinic at 8800 Montgomery for the day.

Smoke was reported in the building early Thursday morning and the building was evacuated. Firefighters responded and found the cause of the smoke was due to a malfunctioning belt on a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit, officials say.

Minor repairs will be made. No one was injured and no patients were inside the building at the time.

Patients will be contacted to reschedule appointments.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s