Heating unit sparks fire at APD officer’s home

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Fire and emergency crews are investigating a residential structure fire that sparked in an APD officer’s house in northwest Albuquerque.

Albuquerque Fire Department said when crews arrived on scene a fully involved fire was in the garage of the residence.

All occupants were able to get out of the structure, AFD said.

Fire officials say the fire appears to have been started by a heating unit.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly but the house did sustain some smoke and water damage.

No injuries have been reported.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus