ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Roof repair continues at UNM Hospital where crews removed the wreckage from a helicopter that crashed on the building Wednesday.
The delicate removal took up much of the morning Saturday.
- Sky News 13: Crashed chopper removed from UNMH
- UNM Hospital remains closed after helicopter crash
- Crews to remove crashed helicopter from UNMH
- Crashed chopper removed from UNMH
- UNMH accepts patients again following chopper crash
- Sky News 13: Helicopter crashes on UNM Hospital
A crane lifted the wreckage from the roof, which was damaged when the medical helicopter crashed upon take-off Wednesday evening.
No patients were on board at the time, but the pilot suffered minor injuries. Two other crew members were not hurt.
The National Transportation Safety Board now has possession of the wreckage as the investigation continues into what caused the crash.
No one inside UNM Hospital was hurt.