ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – A corrections officer at the Metro Detention Center indicted on eight counts of rape had to answer to the charges this morning.
Torry Chambers entered a not guilty plea.
He’s accused of sexually assaulting four female inmates at MDC between 2008 and 2010.
Friday, KRQE News 13 has learned that Chambers remains employed by MDC.
In fact a spokesperson says he returned to his job Thursday, but will remain on desk duty.
The judge also made it clear he is to have no contact with inmates.
“He is not to have any contact with the alleged victims, he is to be in weekly contact with the lawyer’s office and he is not to leave Bernallio County without court permission,” Judge Ross C. Sanchez said.
The county has already paid nearly $1 million to settle a lawsuit over the allegations but the case was never prosecuted until last month.