Couple pleads not guilty to negligence charges

LAS VEGAS, N.M. (KRQE) – A couple who illegally ran a boarding home in the Las Vegas area is now facing criminal charges for the carbon monoxide poisoning deaths of two residents.

According to court paperwork the two residents, 56-year-old Cochise Bayhan and 61-year-old Alex Montoya were living in a backyard shed, heated by a propane heater.

They two died from carbon monoxide poisoning back in October.

Now 47-year old Jose Encinias and his 41-year-old wife Densis are charged with two counts of neglect of a resident resulting in death.

Officials said they had no license to run a boarding home and had installed the heater with no permit or inspection and housed the men in a shed that was not suitable for human occupancy.

The couple pleaded not guilty Wednesday.

Comments are closed.