ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department held a press conference Wednesday on the fatal police shooting that took place Tuesday night.
- Chief Eden: 4 officers on leave in relation to shooting, although only one actually fired at Redwine.
- When asked if shooting was justified, Eden says “not going to answer that question.” 4 officers on leave per SOP. #APD
- Eden asked what he thought of the protest and timing with next OIS: “we had no way to handle the timing of this…” #APD
- Eden response to protest: “I am grateful we live in a nation where we can exercise free speech”
- Eden says he hasn’t heard directly from officers. When asked about how many bullets hit suspect: “we have no information from OMI”