AFD warns residents about hot ashes

fire

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – A porch fire was extinguished quickly by firefighters Wednesday at a home located at 3416 Calle del Monte Northeast.

The interior of the home was not damaged, and since the homeowners weren’t there, no injuries were reported.

Melissa Romero of AFD says hot smoke ashes in a trash can caused the blaze, adding AFD would like to remind residents to always extinguish ashes in a metal container at least 3 feet away from anything that can catch fire.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus