Crews respond to 2 structure fires overnight

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – It was a busy night for Albuquerque firefighters.

At around 11 o’clock Thursday night, a fire started at a vacant store in a strip mall at 1128 San Mateo southeast.

Crews saw smoke and flames when they arrived on scene, launching immediately on the defensive. They kept it from spreading and haven’t said what caused it.

And about an hour earlier, a cigarette being smoked while oxygen was in use sparked a fire at this home in the 9600 block of Robin northeast.

Smoke and flames were visible when crews arrived. They helped an elderly woman and her daughter get out and within 10 minutes and snuffed the fire.

It was contained to the living room, but the whole house had smoke damage.

The daughter suffered minor burns and was transported to the hospital.

blog comments powered by Disqus