Heating unit to blame for school fire

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Investigators have determined that the fire at Chaparral Elementary School in Albuquerque was caused by a heating source.

The fire started this weekend and caused significant damage to the cafeteria and kitchen.

Classes have resumed but the kitchen remains closed.

The kids will continue to get cold lunches until other arrangements can be made.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus