ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Two workers have been injured after a fire at a natural gas well in northwestern New Mexico.
Officials say the men were servicing the well when they hit a gas pocket and an engine backfire ignited the escaping gas.
Officials tell KRQE News 13 one of the injured was taken to the hospital by helicopter, the other by ground and both suffered burns from the incident. One victim was treated and released from the hospital. The other victim is listed in good condition but is expected to stay in the hospital overnight.
Stay with KRQE for more updates.